KSDucks - Kansas Hunting Forum KSDucks Blog | Kansas Pheasant Hunting | Kansas Turkey Hunting
counter
September 22, 2014, 11:13:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Check out our friends at Four Rivers, quality people and quality boats.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Savage 111 22-250/ 52 grain Berger HP Match Varmint/ IMR-8208 XBR  (Read 985 times)
Scot

"Doc"

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »

This is one of my go to loads in my Savage 111 22-250 coyote rifle.  It has accounted for several coyotes dropping like a cheap lawn chair when hit with it on several past hunts in the last few months.  I believe TK is using the same bullet in his Katraker 22-250 and getting great accuracy, as well.  I have nothing but good things to say about Berger bullets.  Although TK's rifle like Varget with this bullet, my rifle likes 8028XBR, although I haven't tried the load with Varget.  8208XBR gives me top accuracy at near max or max velocities in my predator hunting rifles.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:53:11 PM by Scot » Logged

"The first shot is the one that counts"
TomKat
SUPREME COMMANDER
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »

I am using that same bullet. That is some good shooting there, anyone would be happy with that.

TomKat
SUPREME COMMANDER
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »

Guess what Santa Kat is brinking me Huh Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Brittman
"Toast Master"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »

You can't kill coyotes with a Savage !!!!!!!!! You have to use a TC Venture and Hornady Superformance Ammo , and Predator Quest calls !!!!!!!!!

''Eye on the rock head on the stock''
Scot

"Doc"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »

Let me take a stab in the dark on what Santa Kat may bring just for you....hmmmm...let's see....I'll guess maybe a Savage 111 with accutrigger, accustock and hinged floor plate in perhaps caliber 22-250??
I'm keeping the secret on what Santa should be dropping off at my house later this week...you'll just have to wait and see.

TomKat
SUPREME COMMANDER
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 05:42:04 AM »

Scot do you have a hot line to Santa?

Yep thats it. It looks like I will need to buy a torque screwdriver because I WILL be removing the stock.

Krylon, anyone?

Scot

"Doc"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »

So when is Santa making his delivery??  I don't have a direct line to Santa...but I wish I did.  I always have a big list of toys I'm hoping for in my letter to Santa.  As for Brittman's remark that you can't kill a coyote with a Savage rifle and that you need a TC Venture 22-250 topped with a Simmons Predator Quest Scope,  Hornady Super Performance ammo and a Ruffi-Dog call...Mike's been watching too many episodes of Les Johnson's Predator Quest.  In addition to that, TK's and my sponsors are Savage Arms, Berger bullets, Hodgdon Powders, FoxPro and Rick Robbins Custom Calls.  We feel that we must remain loyal to our many sponsors in the shooting industry that support our cause.  Its the right thing to do. Grin

TomKat
SUPREME COMMANDER
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:33:18 PM »

Lets not forget our friends at Foxpro and Primos  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com
Forum Hosting, Chat Software and FTP Hosting powered by OLI